Thursday, February 16, 2012

Welcome!

Welcome to my blog!  Like so many of us, I dream of being a "domestic goddess" someday.  I also tend to fail at this quite often.  I fantasize about a perfectly clean house: my childrens' books lined up perfectly on gorgeous bookcases, laundry folded and put away in exquisite chests, beautiful works of art hanging gallery-style in my living room and hallway.  Instead, I live in an overcrowded trailer and battle clutter on a daily basis (losing more often than winning).  However, I try to make the best of it.  While I've learned to live with the clutter that comes with a home that has no areas for storage, I am constantly searching for new ways to contain the belongings of my children (okay, and my husband's clutter too.  OKAY, I may have some too. Maybe.)  I also love finding shortcuts to cleaning and organizing as well as eco-friendly yet affordable ways to accomplish these necessary parts of life.

I also love to cook.  This is probably because I love to eat.  Either way, cooking (and consequently, eating) is a large part of my family's life.  I'll be sharing my recipes on here.  Well, they're not really recipes so much. Unless I'm trying someone else's recipe for the first time, I don't really follow recipes.  I just scan my cupboards and then my process goes something like this: Well, I throw a little of this in, and a little of that.... that might be good too.  Surprisingly, I generally have meals that come out tasty.

For those of you who have children, you know that keeping them occupied is essential to avoiding complete chaos in the home.  I have a bad habit of saving all kinds of activities that I think would be super fun with full intentions of actually using them without ever actually using them.  I'm hoping this blog will help force me to follow through with my plans.  We also spend a lot of time reading in our home, and I'd like to share some of my favorite children's books with you.

This is a new journey for me.  I have a lot of learning to do in the process.  Bear with me, and hopefully we can help each other to not just deal with the mundane parts of home life, but to embrace and *gasp* enjoy them!

No comments:

Post a Comment